2012-06-25

Fourteen licks -or: Organ demonstration at the Bonner Münster

Yesterday Julian and me were visiting the 1961 Klais Organ at the Münster in Bonn. It was Markus Karas, a well known german  choirmaster, conductor, composer and organ player (he is the cantor of the Bonner Münster since 1992) who made the guidance.
Julian is a member of Rheinischer Kinder-and Jugendchor Bonn and he loves to meet "his" Markus Karas every thursday. I don´t know how many times he asked me: "If the piano is the king of instruments, how can it be that the organ is so much bigger???" And I don´t know how many times I answered: "Well the organ is the emperor, which is more than king!" Normaly he responds: "And which instrument is pope?" I used to answer: "The trautonium!"

I took some 40 Pictures with the Olympus E-PL 1 and enjoyed the pics so much! I used no flash, no tripod... but: the little Camera and the set-lens 14 -42 mm did a great job! Some post production with the free software Olympus Viewer 2 has making the files shine (as Ming Thein would say). Who says, that he micro four thirds cameras have problems with 1600 ASA? Don´t talk BS I say!
The price of that little wonder is now USD 149,-- at amazon.com (body only). Nothing more or less than a sensation.


As the Open Goldberg Variations all pictures that I show today are governed by the Creative Commons Zero license, which means that they are a part of the public domain. So perhaps the Bonner Münster, Markus Karas, or the Organ Builders could use them (or even the original very large files) as an example for doing some public relations in their own affaires if they want.


So, here we go: Fourteen licks (not the legendary Rolling Stones fourty)!






































lk

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty amazing what you got out of that E-PL1. Very nice colors and light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anders!!! To be honest: I had used no tripod but for the first two shots I had used a Tissue, wich I layed on the church bank, and go down with the ISO, so that I could use about 1 second exposure time. And near the organ, it was the classic 500 Watt halogen light (build in in the church) that had helped me so much.

    What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete